Wednesday, November 3, 2010

education, elections, and entertainment, oh my!

not the greatest title, but hey that's my life lately..
school has been SUPER busy.. way too much reading
but that's not what this blog is for..
so for about a month i have been OBSESSED with the election,
yeah you know,the one that was suppose to end yesterday
and yet keeps looming unknown and just out of reach : /
while IF i had more time, as in less school, i could of dedicated more time to getting Murray re-elected and other democratic candidates elected i would of but i think i put quite a bit into this election..
more than most people i know..
i phone-banked a couple times, had to console a woman who had just lost her husband, and was called a baby killer for the first time.. yikes!!!
as for entertainment...
Alexi (my BFF) and Kel came up for Halloween weekend : )
Thursday was a VOX pub crawl, while in my Condom Fairy costume (without wings)
i was labeled a "Condom Fairy", "Condom Queen/ Princess", and "Safety First" : )
Friday was shopping with Alexi (always a good time), dinner and hookah
Saturday i worked, and went to three different places to party : D
as for today, the day after the elusive election I decided to take a break and went to see...
EASY A, the movie I have been waiting to see for like TWO months!!
so thanks Ashley for coming with me...
for those of you that know me, know that apply a lot of things to my third-wave feminist nature
so here is why I enjoyed the movie, besides the smart humor and super cute leading man...
the lead character, played by Emma Stone, did not let give a shit about what the "religious crazies" thought about her, she lived herself for her.. and only decided to stop letting people think what they wanted of her was basically after she almost attacked by a complete asshole and of course after the leading man shows interest in her and she does not want him to think she is a "whore" that everyone else thinks she is
people should get to be who ever they want to be!
and should not be judged for their actions, real or imagined
plus, her parents were TOTALLY awesome! although a little over-the-top

well I sure hope my next post is a bit more exciting!



No comments:

Post a Comment